Volunteers are needed to help complete this transcript.
Please step forward and do your bit!
[ 50/126 mins, now complete!]
Always leave a message in the comments BEFORE starting on a time-slot.
Why Bother with Transcripts?
Occasionally, people ask if having a transcript is really necessary (considering all the work involved) when people can just listen/watch the audio/video.
Here are some reasons. If you can think of any more or would like to elaborate on the ones here please leave a message in the Comments.
Some of the advantages of a transcript are:
You are able to read the whole presentation with full accuracy at the speed that you can read, which is generally a lot faster than listening to the audio or watching the video.
Some speakers, with strong accents or idiosyncratic speech habits, are often difficult to follow.
You can easily scan the text and zoom into what interests you in a non-linear manner.
You can easily quote verbatim from the text when making comments about the text.
You can print out a hard copy for future reference.
When you listen to an audio or watch a video you tend to forget much of the points made, etc. Having it in writing allows you to refresh your memory quickly and accurately.
Transcripts lend themselves to be available off-line and spread via hard copies.
Transcripts can make it easier to create accurate translations of the material which can in turn be used to create video and audio versions.
Video and audio files often become unavailable, for many reasons including censorship (on Youtube, etc.), technical causes due to lack of equipment or power.
Video and audio files are many times larger than a text file of the same material, sometimes hundreds of times larger. In many cases presenting the information in video or audio format has no worthwhile advantage over a text file. Of course there are many cases where the opposite is true.
Some people actually prefer to read material rather than to listen or watch it, if no real value is added by those non-text formats.
That all said, a transcript is often no substitute for an audio/video file and vice-versa. They are complimentary to each other.
- BEFORE starting, indicate in the COMMENT section the time slot that you are willing to complete. For example: >>> I will do 15:00 to 20:00 <<<
- Every minute of transcription will take you about 15 minutes to complete accurately.
Doing even 1 minute is helpful!
- As a double-check, please look at the COMMENTS to see whether anyone has indicated they are already doing a particular time-slot. (Comments are automatically posted. There is always some delay in the time-slot status being updated in the actual post by me.)
- Time slots that I know are being worked on will be marked as IN PROGRESS in the post so as to help avoid unnecessary duplication of effort. Always check the COMMENTS though.
- If you have little time, don’t worry or fuss about typos, spelling, punctuation, etc. I can clean it up.
- If something is unclear put your best guess followed by some question marks, e.g., “He said that xxx ??? thought this, …” Don’t spend time trying to figure it out.
- Please enter the transcript in the comment section with the times. I will then copy it (after proofing it) into the post.
- NOTE: Comments with MORE than 3 URLs are automatically treated as SPAM by this WordPress system. So in those cases change the 4th or more URLs from, e.g.: “abc.com” to “abc . com”.
- Another way to help if you don’t have time to do any transcription is to point out any errors.
- Remember that old adage, “Many hands make light work“.
[In this quite interesting 126 minute audio interview Millennial Woes gets straight to the point with Morgoth, a British blogger with his popular WN/Alt Right site Morgoths Review. They discuss the Brexit result in terms of British politics and the (((forces))) that have been shaping it — KATANA.]
Click on the above link, or copy the link into your browser to listen to the audio.
[This channel is my livelihood. PayPal donations to MillennialWoes@gmail.com are appreciated. For other options, please see the “About” page. Thank you.]
[This video is not intended to condone violence or hate.]
Woes: Yeah. Welcome to the this hangout. I’m here with Morgoth. Now this one has been in the pipeline for a long time. I’ve been wanting to get Morgoth on to channel for a while, because he has a blog. I’ve linked to in the description blog box, but I’ve known of Morgoth long before. When did you start the blog Morgoth?
Morgoth: A year and a half ago.
Woes: Right. So well I’ve known about you since I think 2007, because you were on The Daily Telegraph blogs and that was when I was there. So, you always wrote good posts there and then I think I started seeing you on other websites as well, commenting. And then you started the blog and as I’ve known of your existence for a long time it’s nice to have you on the channel at last.
Morgoth: Yeah. Well eventually, I got, … Our idea was to hijack the best rated comments on the news articles and on immigration and stuff. And it kind of worked out that had a lot of eyes. The Daily Telegraph you could get away with blue murder on the comment section and I don’t know how many read them, but it was a lot. But for, …
Woes: Now back in the early days, for a while as we were saying before we went air.